Business Credit Cards – Good or Bad?
Business credit cards are among the more popular kind of credit cards available. Being on the receiving end of credit is always a privilege and pleasure. Business credit cards are tailored to enhance this pleasure in ways that meet your business needs. Small business credit cards offer various intangible benefits to small businesses in addition to the regular perks.
The Perks of a Business Credit Card
1) Frequent Flier Programs – For business users who travel around the world, additional air miles are one of the exciting perks offered by business credit cards. When a business traveler travels by air and pays through the credit card, they earn bonus miles. These miles can be redeemed in terms of additional air tickets. Another benefit is the regulation and monitoring of business travel by employees by payment through credit cards.
2) Rebates – Some credit cards give rebates on business spending. It can be looked at as a huge saving to the company.
3) Reward Programs – Points are given on each dollar spent through your small business credit card. These points can then be exchanged for a range of exciting merchandise.
The Intangible Benefits of a Small Business Credit Card
One of the benefits of a small business credit card is bringing about a sense of organization. Apart from the separation of business expense from personal expense, the small business credit card also brings great convenience. You can use it to transact via the internet or even the phone.
Tracking business expenditures becomes easy with a small business credit card, giving you organized financial statements at the end of the year.
Individual employee spending can be monitored and regulated through the use of small business credit cards. An important but often overlooked benefit of small business credit cards is the building of business credit. Over time your credit card give you better credit, this is useful as emergency cash when your business grows.
Think Smart for Your Long Term Needs
1) Applying for a card at your bank makes it easier for your application to be accepted. Your existing relationship and their knowledge of your credit history simplify the process.
2) Remember, having too many credit cards not only makes managing them a chore, but also affects your credit rating negatively.
3) Use your small business credit cards effectively, for instance by paying online. Not only does your card offer you faster methods of payment, but also in many instances is a cash saver.
4) Using cash advance should be only for emergency purposes, since they incur interest. Make your payments in time, as not doing so incurs costs that eat into the benefits of owning your business credit card.
Small business credit cards are the new currency of a fast paced, time efficient world. The privilege of owning a business card is balanced with its responsibility. Choose the one that is right for you. Take your business needs into account, and also weigh each credit card against the perks they offer relevant to you. Use good financial sense and do not overextend credit.
Business credit cards are valuable tools that were invented in response to current business needs. Remember to choose wisely, and use wisely.